Veuillez nous excuser, mais cette page n'est pas encore disponible en Français.
The CTU—UGent bilateral Joint Doctoral Programme in High-Temperature Plasma Physics and Thermonuclear Fusion
(FUSION bJDP) is a joint doctoral programme between the Czech Technical University in Prague
(CTU) and Ghent University
(UGent). The programme covers a broad range of research topics regarding the development of nuclear fusion as a clean, safe and as good as inexhaustible source of energy by the middle of the century. This includes both the physics of fusion plasmas and the technology of fusion devices.
The main highlights of the programme are the following:
- Research and training opportunities on an exceptionally broad range of topics.
- Access to the joint research expertise and the research facilities available at the Organizing Institutions in two different countries (Czech Republic and Belgium), as well as the various Partner Institutions within the European research area.
- Participation in the FUSION E-DC joint doctoral training programme.
- Embedding in a strong mobility programme, with ample opportunities for student networking and cultural exchange.
- Delivery of a double PhD degree from the two Organizing Institutions.
The research and training is based on three pillars: theory, experimental physics and engineering technologies. Students are motivated to master the basics of each of the three pillars, irrespective of their prior background. The programme encourages independent work under the guidance of top-level European research teams, leading to research publications, advanced knowledge in a booming high-tech area with major societal relevance, mastering of a variety of technical and transferable skills, cultural exchange and, eventually, the double PhD degree.
for all information.