Veuillez nous excuser, mais Newsline n'est pas disponible en français.
Summer time—insect time
Now that summer is here, you should always be aware of insects, when walking around HQ and CEA buildings. Insects such as ticks and mosquitoes are known to carry diseases. To protect yourself and others, follow these tips:
- Use the main paths, avoiding underbrush and tall grass.
- Avoid wearing clothing with floral patterns as this may attract insect stings.
- If you are allergic to insect repellent, it can be used to help avoid insect stings.
-Throw away sugary drinks laying around, use covered containers to limit their odour.
- Follow safety instructions and safety panels in the ITER and CEA grounds.
- Don't wear perfume or scented lotions.
- Keep away from nests; if you do disturb a nest, RUN AWAY from attacking wasps. (Was it really necessary for us to tell you that?).
- Visit your general practitioner if you see signs of a rash.
ITER Safety & Security Department
return to Newsline #89