Every summer, the Max-Planck-Institute for Plasma Physics organizes a one-week summer school in plasma physics for undergraduates.
The course covers the main aspects of plasma physics with emphasis on nuclear fusion:
• basics of plasma physics and nuclear fusion
• kinetic and magneto-hydrodynamic description of a plasma
• concepts and experimental results of tokamak and stellarator configurations
• plasma heating and diagnostics
• plasma-wall interaction and materials research
• ITER and the next steps towards a reactor
• astrophysical plasmas
The lectures—held in English—are designed for physics and engineering students of European universities who have passed their bachelor (undergraduate) courses not yet started or decided their PhD project.
The next summer school will take place from 16 to 20 September 2019
. See all information here