This is the procedure to be followed when staff of the ITER Domestic Agencies or external collaborators and/or their contractors wish to make written publications or presentations on ITER matters in scientific journals, conferences and other academic forums. Please follow the steps below.
- Take into account the following information:
- ITER Library of Document Control Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) will collect materials disseminating information and intellectual property of ITER, or any other specific, technical or academic publication made by Domestic Agency staff, external collaborators and companies in their cooperation with the ITER Project.
- The DA author (or external collaborator) of the material should have received prior approval from their line management at the Domestic Agency.
- Materials which should be sent to ITER Library include, but are not limited to: abstracts, poster, oral presentations and paper submissions to conferences, and contributions to scientific journals.
- Check the following points in your contribution:
- The ITER affiliation/address shall be: ITER Organization, Route de Vinon-sur-Verdon, CS 90 046, 13067 St. Paul Lez Durance Cedex, France.
- The ITER disclaimer shall be included in all journal or conference contributions where an ITER Organization staff member is a co-author: The views and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the ITER Organization.
- IDM UIDs/links should not be used in references, since they are not publicly available. Such documents can be quoted by author, title and referenced as "private communication."
- Send your material in due time* to email@example.com:
In the case of conference materials, they should be sent before the established IO internal deadlines* or otherwise one month prior to official Conference deadlines
ITER Library will upload the paper (or other materials for publication) in the ITER Document Management (IDM) system and will inform the ITER Publication Board as appropriate. The Board will then review the paper and advise the author(s) as appropriate.
- After IDM approval (only), submit your material to the Conference or Journal:
After IDM review is completed, it will always be the responsibility of the main author
to submit the publication to the relevant recipient (i.e., the conference website, the journal, etc.) in due time.
*For Major Conferences (i.e. IAEA-FEC, ISFNT, SOFT, SOFE), there are specific internal deadlines (as material needs clearance by the IODA Review Board) and can be found in the list below.